Saturday, December 13, 2014

Gingerbread House 101

I love gingerbread houses!!!! Always have. One of my favorite parts of the holidays is getting to see the ones they have displayed at Biltmore Estates. They usually show them on GMA annually and I just ohhhhh and ahhhhh over all of them. You know, the ones that are so elaborate that these creative and equally patient folks work on them for months out of the year. I don't know how they do it but every year they are more intricate than the year before. Blows me away. Why? Mainly because I majorly suck even at putting together the small ones that Wilton puts out. The last couple of years have been a disaster for me.... construction is always the worse part of it. Can't get the damn thing to stay together most of the time but I do it mainly because 1) I love to see Jay's face when he sees it and 2) I refuse to let the situation beat me. This year was no exception and majorly challenging for me. Once I got out the tacky glue(making it completely inedible) and managed to get it to stick together, it was breeze. My friend, Eileen, ran circles around me in this arena. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment