Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Music Soothes the Soul

This summer has been a busy one and nothing is better that finishing it off with a great concert. I love music and always have. In thinking about this post, I didn't consider myself a big concert goer though....but I started thinking about all the people I have seen in my lifetime and I have changed my mind a bit about that. Janet Jackson, Bon Jovi, Earth Wind and Fire, Cher, Patti LaBelle, James Taylor, Boyz To Men, McHammer...my boys would retort "...yeah, but who have you seen in THIS century???? lol". So I'll guess I'll just say once upon a time, I was a big one. They are rarer now a days.
I was lucky enough to finish off this summer though with a great Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Live 2014 concert and I am still ecstatic about it. Stevie Winwood opened for them and, although I had never seen him, I have always loved him and his music. Traffic and Blind Faith songs are touchstones of my youth. He is a terrific performer and brought people to their feet(myself included) many times. He did one of my favorite songs "Can't Find My Way Home" and it was pure joy for me!!!
After a brief intermission, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers came on and the party really started. They are class A performers and their music always brings the whole audience to their feet. I personally love them and always enjoy seeing them perform. As an aside, "You Wreck Me" is my favorite song of theirs. Here's some pics I took of the great time that Harleen and I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment