Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Let's Eat.....Clark Family Chicken and Dumplings

Food has always been a delight in my life. In my family, it has always been an important component of our lives. We have laughed, cried, celebrated, had life discussions and many other things over food in general. That brings me to my capabilities about it. I am a cook but not a great one(my husband used to say that when we first started out I could burn water...lol) and I am not a fancy cook either. Most of the things I do cook are recipes that my mom had taught me and passed down. I came from a middle class family of 6 where my father was the breadwinner and my mom had to do everything she could to figure out how to feed all of us on his salary. Consequently it was dishes that she had grown up with in her own family. Also, nothing was ever written down on paper.....the measurements were simply "a little bit of this and a little bit of that". I just love those kinds of recipes. My mom's Chicken and Dumplings were the best. We ate them all the time growing up and when I need comfort food, this is usually what I make now in my own home. It's a pretty basic recipe. 3-4 Chicken Breasts--frozen or fresh (I use boneless ones), 1 can of biscuits (I usually use just the store brand ones packaged by 4), salt, pepper,and butter Put the chicken in a boiling pan with salt. Boil until done. Take chicken out of pot(keeping the broth in the original pot) and shred it. Put the chicken back. Add a tablespoon of butter.
Cut the biscuits in fours.
Put in the pot with the chicken and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on medium for 15-20 minutes more. Stir occasionally so that the biscuits get done.
.... and voila!!!!! You're done!!!
I hope when you try it, you'll love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment