Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bonding With the Grandboy in the Bull City

Jay spends the summers here with his dad and in past summers I haven't been able to spend the amount of time I have wanted to with him due to schedules. I have been so pleased that has changed this year and it's been so much fun for me(and hopefully him). A couple of weeks ago we planned the whole day together and, although plans sometimes change, it still turned out to be such an awesome day. We had initially decided that we would go out to the Duke Lemur Center where they have appointed scheduled tours and, as it usually goes with us, we were late and had to reschedule. We went to eat breakfast and regroup at this new place that a friend had told me about on Erwin Rd. called Another Broken Egg Cafe.
This is my date....who obviously is feeling it is too early for pictures.
Jay loves breakfast more than any other meal and the food was terrific. He loved his pancakes and I had Beignet Biscuits. They are a must try.
We decided that we would spend the day at the Museum of Life and Science here in Durham. It's a museum that I used to take his dad and his uncle to when they were little boys and they always had such a great time there. Of course, there is so much more to see and do since then. They have the prerequisite small creatures, a section on weather, space(complete with real astronaut suits and moon rocks), barnyard animals, a dinosaur section(my personal favorite) and wildlife. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day:
The best part of it was we did get to see our lemurs after all.
To finish off our day we decided to have late lunch/early dinner at Mellow Mushroom down at the Tobacco Factory.
I assumed we would split a pizza but my boy had other plans. When the waitress came to take our orders, this boy orders himself a Ceasar salad. Don't get me wrong.....I was thrilled to bits...... but he is SO NOT like his daddy in that regard....lol.
I had their pizza and it was terrific as always.
All in all, a great day and stuff that memories are made of. I am so blessed!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment