Saturday, August 16, 2014

Weekends, Van Gogh Sunflowers, the Bull City and other things..... Part I

I LOVE weekends and I am absolutely sure that I am not the only one. It carries the promise of time spent with family and friends and the possibilities are always endless. You can breathe. You can enjoy. You can simply decide(oh yeah, you CAN make the choice) to put the mundane things like cleaning house, mowing yards and taking care of various errands aside for a while and just CHOOSE to enjoy life for a few hours and, if done right, it can rejuvenate your soul. I have had one of those weekends so far and I could not be happier that I did. Friday pm I got back to doing one of the things that I love....painting. I went to a Paint and Pour class at Bull City Craft with some girlfriends and, if you haven't guessed by now, yep, it was Van Gogh's Sunflowers. It always amazes me that you can start with this....
...and, a couple of hours later, end up with this......
(hey...it's art and there's no mistakes in art, right?). I went with some friends of mine and we had a blast...just drinking wine, listening to music and painting. This is a before and after:
We had such a blast...and a paint brush only ended up in a glass of wine one time....which my friend, Ilene, promptly polished off.... LOL. The night didn't end there either. After the class, we walked down the sidewalk to the Thai Cafe to have some of their fare. I had been there before many years ago and, for those in Durham who haven't heard, they are known for the best coconut cake in town.
We just decided to order a bunch of dishes and put them in the middle of the table and have at it. We had coconut cake, crab angels, pot stickers and fried squid ...all on the table at the same time...because sometimes you just have to bend the rules and throw caution to the wind.
Terrific night with great conversation and awesome people. What could be better???? Also, I would be remiss if I did not mention that Bull City Craft and Jessica, our instructor for the evening rocked. Her and her hubs own the place and are such kind individuals. I hope you check them out soon. Part Deux continues my weekend saga. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment