Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Nail Flow ( Words I thought would never pass these lips)

I have thought for a while that I needed to blog about my experience with, of all things, my fingernails. I know.....fingernails??? Crazy weird, huh??? It's a huge thing to me though because I am proud to say I have fingernails for the first time in my adult life. I had bitten them for over 50 years and woke up one day a couple of months ago and told myself that I was done ....really done....after half a century. Sure, I had always known it was a bad habit, but I think what pushed me over the edge is I realized that it's a habit that is passed down from generation to generation in my family. My dad did it, I did it, Mike does it and now Jay does it. Not good at all. So I said that's it and quit... and am so happy I did. I have always admired beautiful painted designed nails and, although they are not where I would love them to be, I'm getting there slowly but surely.... and having a blast in the process. As a reward to myself, I go get a manicure every weekend and pick a fun color and it's become an obsession. It makes me so stinkin' happy too.
What bad habit have you broken that makes you happy? Would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment