Saturday, August 16, 2014

Easy 3 Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Verde.....Can I say YUM???

One of my New Years resolutions for 2014 was to cook more..... more frequently and more diversely. I had stopped cooking mainly when the boys went away to college. Even when they were home, I never could expand on it due to the fact they were always so picky(I know...my fault) and were never up for trying new things. Consequently, in my spare time now, I am always perusing the internet and magazines for new recipes to try. My biggest complaint about trying recipes has always been if it has more than 5 ingredients, I quickly loose interest. Have I got a recipe for you: Easy 3 ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Verde.
3 ingredients and no measurements....easy peasey, huh? You need some boneless chicken breasts(I always have a bag of them in the freezer), some chicken broth and a jar of tomatillo salsa. Put them in your crock pot on low for 6-7 hours and that's it.
It cooks up great...practically shredded and the smell is to die for. The taste is unbelievable. The best part is you can put it over rice, use it in a taco shell or even in the stand and stuff flour tortilla shells(El Paso). I choose to use it in the latter and pile diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar, avocado, sour cream and some jalapenos on top of it.
It really is soooooo good. Also, the best part is it makes a lot so that you can stick it in the freezer for those nights when you're tired after those crazy days at work. This is definately going in my rotation. I hope it will go in yours also.

No comments:

Post a Comment