Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Perkins Orchard

I blog about things I love and this is a family business I love where I live in Durham, North Carolina... about 1 mile from my house. I guess I need to start with a question. How many of you can say you have a local produce stand in your neighborhood that doesn't sit on the side of the road but at someone's residence in their yard? I do!!!! We have been here 30 years and it's always been a staple for us. I recently found out that they have been in existence for 44 years. Of course, over the years they have lengthened their driveway and it has gotten a lot bigger. The most incredible part of it is they even have an honor system when no one is manning it. They have a box and you just drop what you owe into it. Just reminds me of yesteryear... when people had integrity and trusted one another. The Perkins are always incredibly nice too... the type of folks that you want to be successful... and they are. So if you live in Durham and miraculously have never heard of their produce stand, check them out. Here's some pictures for your enjoyment:
This last one is of a Perkins family friend, Afam, who was helping customers on my last visit.... such a sweet kid!!!
Happy Fall Ya'll!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment